November 14, 2008
Josh McGuire Racing Celebrates Strong 2008 Season; Already Looking Ahead to 2009!
(GRAYSON, KENTUCKY) Josh McGuire and his #41 Dirt Late Model team made the decision this week to call it quits for 2008 and start gearing up for the 2009 racing season. The Josh McGuire Racing team had a break-out year in '08, as they reached victory lane on ten different occasions. The biggest win of the year came on August 30 when Josh claimed his first Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series triumph at the Portsmouth Raceway Park in Portsmouth, Ohio.
Aside from the ten victories, Josh also racked-up twenty Top Five performances and twenty-eight Top Ten efforts. The young Grayson, Kentucky driver also set fast time for the prestigious $20,000 to win 'Jackson 100' at the Brownstown (IN) Speedway and earned a ninth place finish in a live SPEED Channel race at the Dirt Track at the Lowe's (NC) Motor Speedway. Speaking of television, Josh also advanced into several other main events that were taped by the SPEED Channel cameras at the East Bay (FL) Raceway Park, the K-C (OH) Raceway, the Brownstown (IN) Speedway, the Rome (GA) Speedway, and the Dixie (GA) Speedway.
You can view some of the highlights of Josh's 2008 campaign below:
* $10,000 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Victory at the Portsmouth
(OH) Raceway Park
* $5,000 Independent Racing Series Victory at the Skyline (OH) Speedway
* $5,000 'Harvest 50' Victory at the Skyline (OH) Speedway
* $5,000 'Fall 50' Victory at the Florence (KY) Speedway
* $3,000 O'Reilly Battle of the Bluegrass Dirtcar Series Victory at the Richmond (KY) Raceway
* $3,000 'Fred Dillow Memorial' Victory at the Portsmouth (OH) Raceway Park
* Made Starting Field for $40,000 to win 'Hillbilly 100' at the Tyler County (WV) Speedway, the $20,000 to win 'Jackson 100' at the Brownstown (IN) Speedway, the $15,000 to win 'Dixie Shootout' at the Dixie (GA) Speedway, and the $50,000 to win 'Dirt Track World Championship' at the K-C (OH) Raceway
"It was an awesome year for us in 2008," exclaimed McGuire earlier this week via telephone. "Now we have to set our sights on 2009 and keep getting better and better each year. I have to thank all of my sponsors, family, crew, friends, and fans for all of their support throughout the year and it was definitely a season for us to remember. I am already looking forward to next year, as Owens Pipeline Service, LLC out of Elkins, West Virginia has come on board. Josh McGuire Racing would like to thank owner Paul Owens and we look forward to a great partnership for next year and beyond!"
Josh would like to thank all of those dedicated sponsors who have backed him through the years including: DJ's Kitchen Corner, D&C Salyers Construction, Baby Cat Trucking, C.J. Rayburn Race Cars, GCP Race Engines, Expert Glass & Door, Inc., Glenny Glass, K&E Trucking, Long Architectural Sales, Hoosier Tires, Performance Rod & Custom (PRC), Sunoco Race Fuels, Dave Poske's Performance Parts, Ashland Specialty, Tri-State Floor Covering, RW Rental Supply, I-64 Chevron, Manning Furniture, Omer's Exxon, SHY Racing Suspensions, Impact Racing Decals, Allstar Performance, Bazell Race Fuels, Budda - Bert Transmission Sales & Service, Callies Crankshafts, Dyer's Top Rods, Hypercoils Springs, K&N Filters, Ohlins Shocks, Sweet Mfg., W.M.F. Racing Products, and McGuire Speed Shop.
The latest dirt on Josh McGuire can be found all year long on his official home on the web, located at www.joshmcguireracing.com.
Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
[ CLOSE WINDOW TO RETURN TO NEWS PAGE ]